Here is the list, in no particular order
- having a tight deadline, even selfimposed, turned out to be a good thing. I think that if I had more time, I would have procrastinated more and in the end, I would have had to rush more.
- on the other hand, I did not have time to play with the structure of the book. I wanted to try deconstructing and reconstructing it.
- I kept a sketchbook for the sketchbook! It was a repository to record ideas and I could not afford to miss them. It was the first time I managed to keep such a record!
- the pages turned out to be quite sturdy after all. However, I treat them gentler than I normally treat my jornal pages.
- most pages turned out to be collages. If I had more time, maybe I would have painted more. I like some pages more than others of course, but that's ok. I suppose.
- faces still appeared through the pages. I did not plan it and I was not looking for them, but once I saw them, I could not help it. Even if they do not have anything to do with rooms and elephants!
- I did not like leaving the left page blank, so in most cases, I painted or collaged the left page as well.I used everything that I could put my hands on, photocopies and images that I had from before.
Here, I use the pan pastel portrait I already had.
Wrapping paper, stencils, pan pastels, stamps.
A shape I cut from cardboard and then I used as a stencil and as a mask.
Collage and pen sketches.