Monday, January 11, 2010

Braving the elements ...

...done that! It was -25C this weekend. Seriously! But I had to run ... or did I?!

As for Michelle's challenge, a disclaimer is needed. My snowflakes are from another planet! Or genetically engineered, as they turned out mostly square. Dare to be square! I worked in the paper bag journal.
I wish I could find a way to remove the black border around the image. I cropped the background, but then I end up with black. I suppose I could find a solution if only I had time to play around ....
And once again, I "found" creatures in the background like the swan on the right page, the woman and the dancers on the left page. I also found an image I wanted to use, but it did not fit on this page, so I made another one:
The left page is unfinished. I think it was based on a prompt from Kelly kilmer, write about a childhood memory. I could not finish, I get too depressed when I think about the past. The right page is just paint - I used the image as an inspiration for the palette. I glued some random papers, found words and quotes and my image. Writing in these journals is not flowing for me; writing in general does not flow, so found words seem to be a better alternative. The face was done with oil pastels on top of a blue piece of paper that looked ..well ... like a face. Interestingly, she (me?!) is looking away from the well-being and acceptance and the quote...