Sunday, August 29, 2010

Illustration Friday - Immovable

I was immovable in my quiet contemplation of this week's topic. Clueless. Immovable?! Seriously? After the initial shock, my brain slowly started to compute. I decided to go with an evolutionary theme - new born, toddler, teen, adult, old. Nothing is immovable, right? The only certitude in life is change. I wanted a quote to accompany my sketch, but the one I found prompted me to change my illustration.

I did not know who Lawrence J. Peter was; turns out he was an educator best known for the Peter Principle:

 "In a hierarchy every employee tends to rise to his level of incompetence ... in time every post tends to be occupied by an employee who is incompetent to carry out its duties ... Work is accomplished by those employees who have not yet reached their level of incompetence."

So true ...