Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Hartford, Connecticut

I visited Hartford this past weekend. Visited is an exaggeration though, since I have not seen anything else except the marathon course.The weather was perfect for running, the race was well organized. Perfect conditions for a personal best, I thought. Of course, everything went wrong. Mainly, it was my fault. Whose fault is it supposed to be anyway? I did not do my homework and I had no idea what my pace per mile is. I time myself per kilometer, not per mile. Bottom line is I screwed up, I went out too fast and I burned my legs by the half point. I finished, but it took me much longer than I thought and was a pain. Plus, for three days I was out of commission. So I have not made anything this weekend and now I struggle to catch up. Ahhhhhh.....