Thursday, June 30, 2011

Moved!

It happened – finally! I had  to postpone it one week because the new place was not ready. 

In the meantime, both laptops succumbed to virus attacks. My car decided to break down the week before the D-Day. The money saved for this year's vacation were spent repairing it. Then, I had an accident with the courtesy car from the garage.

Last Friday, I spent five hours loading and unloading boxes, but now me, my office assistant and all our possessions are in the same place.

We are facing new challenges. The cat went into hiding for two days and refused to eat. The noise level is more than what he is used to, so he sleeps under the bed. The noise is sometimes too much even for me. Life in the city comes with a whole set of challanges I forgot all about. When the tenant upstairs used the hairdresser, I could swear she was in my bathroom. Every time she goes up and down the stairs it seems that the building is about to collapse. 

On the other hand, after work I run to Atwater market, did some shopping at the organic butcher and took the bus back. A run to the Old Port would take me a little more than one hour. I can get anywhere I need to go on foot or by metro. I wanted to enjoy summer in the city, the cafes, restaurants, festivals. But so far, not much of a summer. We had few nice days here and there, but nothing to write home about.

I have been utterly exhauseted this past week, I overslept, I did not exercise enough. The worst part is that I don't feel rested. Au contraire ...

I am in no rush to unpack.I have some paints handy and I want to get back to painting asap. I want to finish the classes I signed up for over at Julie's. I tend to get sidetracked and leave things unfinished and that would be a pity ...