Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Crusade no. 53 - Mad Scientist

This month crusade was an easy one. Hmmm ...maybe not as easy as I thought. Or maybe that was because I missed all  the other crusades of the year!

As I was planning to sketch my cactus garden anyway, I decided to use the sketch for the crusade. I must say that I had some difficulty coming up with names, and they are kinda boring anyway. Maybe next time I will do better.

I don't like wasting paint, so whatever I had left on the palette I used on the left page. The plan was to look for abstract shapes in the mix of colors. But instead of abstract shapes, I ended up with that figure. To me, it looks like a girl with a dog on a swing. OK. The dog looks more like a pig. The thing is I was looking for abstract shapes ...and I ended up somewhere else. Such if life after all, often we do not end up where we thought we would ...

 Here are the names: stormy sky, pomegranate juice, saguaro, spring grass. Hmm ... I forgot to write the colors I started with. This must be a senior moment ...