Monday, January 13, 2014

TV sketches

I want to keep my hand moving on paper as often as I can. I cannot wait for the perfect circumstances that would allow me to produce a finished piece - regardless what that is. I draw slowly and I do not have chunks of time to dedicate to drawing. Only minuscule bits here and there. It is mostly about quantity, hoping that quality will follow. One day...

Last week I did some TV sketches while watching the end of "Crimes and Misdemeanors" followed by 
"Forks over knives". Few of the sketches were done after pausing the movie, but then I decided to go with the flow and if all I could draw in few seconds were the eyes, so be it.
Some of the faces are simply funny - like the one to the bottom right on the first page. For some reason, it reminds me of an antique Greek warrior wearing his helmet. It was great fun, but I was tempted to stop all the time "just few more seconds to get the nose in" or whatever. I had to move or I would have never finished the movie.