Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Hello ... and good bye

I have been missing in action for a while due to vacation and work.

The vacation was uneventful sketching wise. I packed plenty of art supplies, bought a new Stillman & Birn sketchbook, took a total of three sketchbooks with me. In a nutshell, everything prepared for the big, bold sketches ... that never happened.

I spent two weeks in Romania - first time back home since my dad passed. Two weeks full of running around to various chores, but also concerts, visiting family and friends, food. All in all, two much agitation to be able to stop for long enough to sketch. I have about 3 unfinished sketches from these two weeks.

I then spent three days in Vienna - and walked about 20 km every day. Again, not much time to stop. Simply too much to see and too much ground to cover.

And since I came back, I was busy at work and running around for various errands, dealing with various aches and pains. Again, very little sketching.

I signed up for Cat Bennet's class over at Carla Sonheim's so that at least I have an assignment to do every week.

I managed to squeeze in a small coffee shop sketch yesterday - it needs some finishing touch and scanning.

But I will be gone for two weeks ... very unlikely I will have time to draw.

In the meantime, these are the marks I did for week 1 of Cat's course. They caught the attention of my furry friend!