Saturday, April 16, 2016

Fredericton

I had to fligh in for a meeting and I decided to enjoy the late afternoon. I took a walk and the only store that was still open was ... Drum roll ... The art store!!! Of course I found stuff that I don't find inMontreal and I broke the moratorium. I bought sketchboks: a small Pentallic, one with pages that do not bleed and one with pages that look like ledger pages. In this one I will probably try to channel Lapin.

I ended the evening having great food, local beer and honey from the roof top beehive.


The next morning I sketched the view from my window and the hotel. Crowne Plaza is across the street from the theater and the convention centre. I cannot believe that I got so much detail in. Not only did the building fir, but I have stairs .. and sidewalk ... and even a car! All this was possible because of a measuring trick that Stephanie Bower teaches in her Craftsy class.