Monday, February 1, 2010

Where did January go ...

... no idea, I am afraid. I only have 2 journal spreads for this month.
When I started this spread, I had something else in mind, but it took me so long to finish that I forgot. On the left page I glued this quote by Oswald Spengler:
 This is our purpose: to make as meaningful as possible this life that has been bestowed upon us; to live in such a way that we may be proud of ourselves; to act in such a way that some part of us lives on.
Up until few years back, I was so much into all this purpose gibberish that I ended up investing lots of time and effort in things that turned out to be nuisances at best. Instead, I should have invested my energies to simplify my life and organize my finances so that I can take early retirement. I don't think a day goes by when I do not regret it.


 Here I used all the candy wrappers from the Celebration bottle. It does not even look like a lot of chocolate, does it?After all, I did not even have enough to cover both pages. That is a photo from when I was maybe 3 years old. I was allergic to chocolate and strawberries back then. Maybe this is why I eat so much chocolate now, to make up for those years when I could not?!?!

Now, full speed ahead in February. Only -25 today and a gorgeous, sunny day.