Thursday, September 30, 2010

Thomas More Institute

I discovered this place a few years back, but I did not have time to take any of their course until now. I kept an eye on their eclectic schedule every year. It is the only place I know where one can study such a variety of topics. The structure of the classes is different too, the students have readings to do and then they discuss them in class. Classes can be taken for credit, but most people take them for fun. I guess this helps create a relaxed atmosphere that I have not encountered anywhere else. I am taking a writing class and a theatre course. They are not he typical TMI courses because they are structured differently, but I have no doubt I will hang out there for a while and there will be other opportunities to study different things.