Saturday, February 4, 2012

Rules...

... are ment to be broken. At least, that is what the popular wisdon says. Well, I broke one of my rules yesterday. I bought four books. Yes, right, buying books is against my rules. Even worse, I bought them at regular price.

I suppose "the rule" begs an explanation. In general, I borrow books from the library or I buy them second hand. I cannot bear to part with them and I know that, sooner or later, I will have to get rid of them. If I buy them used, I feel less bad when I give them away. Yesterday it was a classical case of impulse buy. Here are the new additions to my library:
Finding Flow - Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi         Funny enough, yesterday afternoon I stumbled on a talk on TED about flow, so when I saw the book, I grabbed it without second thoughts.
On becoming and artist - Ellen J. Langer          I suppose I bought this one because I want to go back to some form of art making and I lost the motivation. I did not achieve the goals I set for myself and I wonder if I should not do something more "productive".                 
Man's search for himself and Love & Will - Rollo May          These ones were on the reading list for a while, but I forgot about them. 

The funny thing is that I was looking for a different book - Stumbling on happiness. I only stumbled on other books; happiness is a whole other story...