Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Urban sketching

This is something I wanted to do since January - join the Urban Sketchers meetings. Something came up every month - work, move, vacation, the whole nine yards. This past Sunday, I decided that come hell or high water, I will be at the Mont Royal metro at 10AM. I made it at 10:15 on a cloudy, windy and cool day.

I found a spot to sit right by the exit door and I decided to try to sketch the cultural centre accross the street.

I chopped off the cross on top, as well as some other parts of the building. But I was out in the cold with my notebook!


At about 11:30, I decided it was time to find a spot inside and have lunch. I stopped at Première Moisson for a pork and brie sandwich (sadly, not up to the standard). I sat at the window bar and tried my hand at sketching the Second Cup accross the street.

An espresso was in order and I remembered that, few weeks back during the Avenue Gourmande I found a small coffee shop that made an excellent espresso - Flocon Espresso. I had a macchiato and an apple-abricot-oatmeal bar.
Voila...