Friday, April 18, 2008

What I am working on now

Books I am reading:

I'd rather laugh
The year of magical thinking
The Joy Diet
Moving On
Your money or your life
Facing the text

Culinary discoveries of the week:

Fuente Baena
: unfiltered olive oil from Spain. It is a bit hot and tastes like almonds and green leaves.

Kama Sutra Sausages with Ambrosia of Sautéed Figs, served on a bed of rice
Delish! I used dried figs though. Next time, if I do not have fresh figs, I will chop the dried ones in the food processor so that the resulting sauce will be more like a chutney. It was delicious anyway!

Art projects waiting to be completed:
- Altered photos to be turned into Christmas ornaments
- 2 canvasses that stare at me every day - they do not "feel" finished, yet I do not know yet what would make them finished.
- my altered book to display small fabric collages and other trial pieces
- the cardboard book with more trial material
- my artist journal
- fabric necklace