Monday, November 16, 2015

Imaginary landscapes

Another assignment was to draw landscapes either loosely inspired by something we saw or from imagination. We began by painting a sky and a ground and then added shapes. I used guache for lack of other opaque materials. Maybe watercolor crayon could work, but I am not convinced it would give the same flat one tone shapes as the opaque watercolor does. I suppose it is something to try. Until then, here is what I came up with:



The fist two are loosely based on pictures I took on vacation. The last two are marks from imagination. the idea is worth exploring I like that it gives a certain freedom. I do not feel obliged to strive for a certain likeliness - which is only in my head anyway, somebody looking at the end result has no idea how the landscape or the object looked like anyway. Maybe one day I will have time to explore things more ....stuff like this makes on the list of to do-s only to never get done ...