Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Back from vacation

I came back 10 days ago. This is how long it usually takes until the post-vacation blues go away, especially since it is 10C outside and it has been raining for 4 days.
I spent 2 weeks in the Dominican Republic, in Punta Cana.

I was well equipped with a portable art studio, but I hardly did any drawing. All I seem to be doing is start a new notebook every time I go somewhere, hoping that by the time I come back, I will have filled it. That, of course, never happened and now I have about 5 notebooks started. The last one is one that has indian handmade paper. Not great for wet media.

I spent most of the time "lying on the beach like a tomato", as my pilgrim friend Gerry from Ireland used to say. Tomato allright...colour included. SPF50 was not enough to prevent tomato color from slowly gaining control over almost every inch of my skin. Luckily, the resort served yoghurt for breakfast (among many other things, of course). Yoghurt is excellent for calming sunburns, as Grandma taught me long ago.