Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Frustrated

I had another bout of "I must get organized or else." Every time that happens, frustration goes through the roof.

Today, I decided to tackle my personal emails. I have two accounts. To much, I decided. Solution? gmail. Bad idea. I cancelled my account after half an hour. To start with, I hate having a big chunk of screen taken with ads that I do not care about. The whole layout of the screen is cumbersome. I want a lot of clean, white space and the least amount of frills possible. I have no time for frills. I wanted to import my contacts. Only the contacts, not the emails. After all, the point of moving the mail over was to not have to deal with the accumulated junk in my two other accounts. But I had no choice, I had to move everything. I assumed the imported emails will be put into a separate folder. Sorry, label. They were, but I still had my inbox cluttered with all this old stuff that I did not want in the first place. The replies to an email are sorted by date, but in reverse. The newest reply goes at the bottom of the screen. I have to manually expland all the replies if I need the history of the email. Each reply appear in its own box on the screen. Why is that, I wonder? Apparently, there are ways to stop the adds and change the layout of the inbox, but I have to install plugins. Seriously?! I don't have time for that.

All I want is simplicity.It seems that this wish of mine is getting harder and harder to fulfill, now that machines took over our lives...