Sunday, June 12, 2011

Moving woes

As D-Day approaches, the packing efforts intensify. I am dealing with contractors on both fronts. At the condo where I am now, repairs will be done next week. At the place where I am moving, everything has been torn apart and put back together, with the usual surprises that one expects in an old building (such as water pipes installed outside the wall instead of inside them). Each surprise resulted in an emergency call to the plumber or the electrician or both.


I am up to my ears in boxes and bags. Unbalievable. Where is all this stuff coming from, I wonder. I don't buy stuff often. I don't even  have a toaster. Or a microwave. The TV is going away tomorrow - given away on freecycle. I purge once a year. I gave away three big garbage bags of stuff. Still... I am moving from a place with three big closets, a laundry room and an indoor locker to a place with one closet! Seriously ...

More purging will be needed at the destination, I am afraid. I have two huge contractor strength garbage bags full with art supplies, plus five boxes. I kid you not. I think I need to sit down and reevaluate this whole art business. I found old oil canvasses I painted years back - I will have to decide what to do with them as I will not have enough place for everything. Arghhhh ...