Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Redpath Museum

Sunday I joined other sketchers for the monthly meeting of the Urban Sketchers Montreal. The meeting point was Redpath Museum. I spent few hours there and sketched mostly in pencil. I decided to add color at home and to give an workout to art supplies that I do not normally use: colored pencils, watercolor pencils, and maybe watercolor crayons. This is still work in progress, but this is what I have so far:
I am pleased with how the antelope turned out. My previous attempts at drawing animals produced results that reminded me of mutant creatures in sci-fi movies. I did not get the depth of the giant clam too well, but I might try to draw it again from the picture I took. I also took pictures of the shell collection to use as inspiration. I will post the remaining sketches as soon as I am done.