Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Experiments

Sunday was the monthly meeting if the Urban Sketchers. Not the best day for outdoor sketching as it was windy and -2C in the morning. I did not last very long outside, I did not have enough layers.

In Fredericton I broke the moratorium on art supplies purchases and I bought 3 sketchbooks. Impulse purchases that I know regret...

The first one is Rendr - it is true that the color does not bleed, but the page has a plastic feel to it and it is definitely not good for watercolors. Gouache or acrylic might work better. I will probably use the Pentel pocket brush. I should have bought a watercolor pad instead ... 


This is a FLUID pad 4 x 6. This one works better with watercolors. I sketched the dome from across the street at de la Gauchetiere. - through the windows 0 until the security guard told me I cannot sketch there anymore...

I bought this notebook thinking that I will channel Lapin ...somehow, I doubt that will happen...