Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Portugal - part 2

I have 4 or 5 unfinished sketches from Lisbon that are still waiting to be done with. I mean these are all the sketches I managed to do there ....

This is the Se - the cathedral. I found a bench on the side and I sketched from there. The place is extremely crowded - people, tuk-tuks, trams, cars .... Impossible to sketch from the sidewalk - there are no sidewalks to speak of. A better vantage point would have been across from where I was sitting, but that was right in the middle of traffic ...


I tried different variations at home, hoping to find a better "recipe" to approach the subjects in the field. I don't have it yet, but I think I prefer the bottom sketch. It has more white space, even though the colors are dull. I have to keep reminding myself to use more water and leave the whites ....