Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Went to town

After the long run on Saturday, I decided to go to break the routine and go to town instead of going to meet my running buddies. My plan was to hit Cafe Italia in time for lunch, then go to Hachem and finally to La Maison Tricotée to refill my tea containers.

But we all know what happens to the best laid plans ...

On the way to Cafe Italia, I decided to pass by the Jean Talon market. Nothing left of the market from 20 years ago when one could fill up a truck with fresh fruits and veggies for a reasonable price. Now, everything is expensive, as everywhere else of course. Lots of gourmet shops - which I like. At the same time they represent as many temptations to try this and that. too bad though that the cheaper version of the market is gone. There should be both ...

I did good to just browse around until I found the tea place!

Of course I had to order some tea with plain scones, orange marmalade and creme fraiche. Totally decadent.

The rest of the day went by in a hurry. I will definitely go back to sketch at the knitting shop - and sample their fabulous teas by Les Thes C.G.