Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Art from intuition

I went on an artist date Sunday at the art store and stumbled on Art from intuition. Coup de foudre.
I spent Sunday evening channeling Jackson Pollock. I used old leftover latex paint from when I painted my condo 5 years ago, acrylic paints, finger paint, brushes,straws,aluminum foil and whatever else I could get my hands on. It was hot,sticky, sweat dripping in my eyes .. but no matter! I filled about 10 sheets with action painting. The next day I did some printing. I used vegetables and aluminum foil. He says to divide the results in 3 portfolios - like, dislike, to be continued. But with mixed media there is no real dislike. Nothing ends up in the garbage because, even if the first incarnation is not great, it can always be transformed in something. Everything works out in the end! And here are the results ...