Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Morpheus box

This was the second class with Michael deMeng. The process was the same, except that I was frustrated most of the day. I am not sure why, I think I panicked, afraid that I will not finish, I forgot the paints this time so I had to go around borrowing from people. It was also the first time I tried to incorporate more junk in the pieces. I think I found the end result to dark. In the end though, after a good might sleep, I like the way it turned out. And I finally found a place for the small gourd I brought from the Camino de Santiago!

Each side of the mobile piece in the middle has a saint or a buddha. I regret not having taken a voice recorder with me. Michael's comments at the end of the session were very good; they would have been helpful now on one hand to remind me about my pieces and also to help form an eye for things to look for in a piece so that I c an improve my work.