Saturday, February 13, 2010

Adding color

The  second week with Misty - adding color. I discovered the Stabilo pencil. A mighty one if I say so myself! |i used the water soluble graphite pencils before, but the Stabilo has much more pigment. I painted over one of the drawings from the previous week and I decided to try again the underpainting technique that I learned from Jane, with better results this time.
Stabilo and titanium white:

 
  
The underpainting:
 
I seem to be having a problem with the shadows, they are not dark enough. Like I avoid making them too dark becasue then the composition will be off, instead of darkening the shadows and adjusting the middle tones accordingly. Maybe I will work a bit more on this one.
The face of insomnia - I could not sleep once and I decided to draw...