Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Illustration Friday - Atmosphere

This was the theme from last Friday. I had no clue what to do, so I searched Google Images until something sparked an idea. I had a scrap of watercolor paper previously used for a failed attempt at face painting; I prepped it the usual way - lots of washes of Golden fluid acrylics on top of left over papers from the last Crusade . Then I traced the shape of the body using an eyedropper and blotted it with tissue paper. I applied some matte medium over the body because I wanted it to be pushed somewhat in the background - more foggy, veiled, atmospheric if you wish.This did not work too well in my opinion. I added a bit of Pan pastel here and there and also outlined another body in the background, it seemed to be almost the same as the focal image, its shadow ... Here it is:
 Now if onlu I figure out how to make it into a decent thumbnail to post on their website ...