Monday, July 28, 2014

Leaves

I picked up a couple of branches with dried leaves and sketched them multiple times. It is a relatively new habit - to sketch the same subject more than once. I don;t do it often enough and mostly it ie because lack of time. I am happy to find time to do something, anything on a given day...
 I bought a set of cheap guache - Reeves. I wanted to try them without spending a fortune. I was under the impression that they would be more matte. I guess they are, but the coverage is not uniform and that might be because of their quality.
Watercolor and water-soluble graphite in the other two. The sketchbook is Canson multimedia. Not a great paper I must say, good for dry media only. I bought it for the dynamic drawing class and it is a bigger size than i would normally use - 9x12. Turns out that so far I like the size.