Monday, September 15, 2014

Back ...

... from vacation. I spent almost three weeks in Brazil - Rio and Paraty - followed by few days visiting my family in Ottawa.

The trip was great, and the USK Symposium a lot of fun. I met many people, drew more than I ever did and got to know some of the authors I read regularly in the blogosphere.

Th fly in the ointment - I forgot my backpack with two sketchbooks, art supplies and souvenirs in the taxi in Rio ... So I lost all the sketches done at the workshops, as well as those done on my own ...

I am in the process of recreating the sketches - I took pictures of everything I sketched because I wanted to add color later. Needless to say, the process is slow... I have a modified work schedule so that I can also go to university 2 day a week. I will be posting as often as I can.

Meanwhile, here are some creatures I "found" today. I flipped through the sketchbook and this time something caught my attention on the page - the 2 chatty creatures at the bottom right. Then I found the little girl in a tutu and the bird-like creatures on the side.

They are telling a story, just not sure what it is yet ...